Reception 0151 480 5777
24 hour police station 0151 480 5833

Public Liability- Pavement Slips and Trips and Why you need a Solicitor ?



Accidents can happen anywhere, to anyone, yet this does not mean they are any less debilitating and can have a profound effect on your everyday life. Thankfully, our team at Levins are here to help in such circumstances.

The law states that the local council must maintain it’s roads and pavements in order to prevent members of the public potentially injuring themselves. In this case, the Highway Act stands as the Council’s potential defence. However, do not let this deter you from making a claim.

If you’ve come into contact with road or pavement defects, such as sinking/rocking/raised paving slabs, tree roots, or damaged street furniture and have gotten injured as a result we wholeheartedly recommend getting in touch.

People choose not to contact a solicitor as they think it is pointless.  If you have tripped, you might think it was your fault and not the fault of the council.  How do you know?  The simple answer is that you don’t and we will.  If you contact us with the facts of the case, we can quickly assess whether there is liability.  This process is done for free.  If we are not taking your potential case on there is no charge.  If there is no case you have lost nothing and will not spend time forever wondering if you should have claimed.

The steps to follow are:

  • If injured, receive immediate medical attention.  Make sure the circumstances of the injury are confirmed to the person providing assistance.  They will makes notes which will be needed if you do pursue a claim.
  •  Photograph the object responsible for your accident, and taking any potential witness statements from those at the scene during said accident.
  • Sketch a diagram of the scene of the accident, so as to help us in assisting in your claim
  • Call our team on 0151 480 5777 and have a chat to see if we can help.
Previous Next